The Bold and Beautiful Rottweiler
Rottweilers always command attention. It’s just natural because of their regal and poised dispositions. Our Rottweiler puppies for sale will excel in many ways in their new home. While you are enjoying your new furry company, here are a few things you should know and will likely enjoy learning! We have some facts about these bold and beautiful dogs, broken down in various categories.
- Rottweilers instinctively have a protective nature over their family and property. Despite their natural inclination, they should never be encouraged to be aggressive.
- Both are known to be affectionate, but female Rottweiler puppies for sale are a wee bit more. Conversely, male Rotties lean towards being watchful, protective, by constantly surveying his surroundings for threats.
- You’ll find as they grow that they aren’t very excitable dogs, but they do have a strong desire to work and they enjoy it.
- The first of the Rottweiler puppies for sale came to the United States in the late 1920s, with a German immigrant.
- Romans used Rottweiler puppies to drive cattle and to pull carts for farmers and butchers.
- They were also used to protect the money the cattlemen received. They put money in a purse and tied it around the dog’s neck!
- As we always recommend, all Rottweiler puppies for sale should have early socialization, by exposing them to various people, places, pets, and things. This will help to ensure that your sweet pup puppy grows up to be a well-rounded dog.
- Rottweilers need to have an established leader in their training. This person should be someone who is assertive and truly has time to devote to training.
- All Rottweiler puppies will require firm and consistent training in order for them to be well-behaved dogs. They don’t respond well to harsh discipline, but using one stern voiced word will help.
- When you buy one of our Rottweiler puppies for sale, stop at your local pharmacy and get some earplugs too! These babies snore right into adulthood. Thank us later!
- These dogs are prone to obesity because they have a tendency to overeat and can gain weight rather quickly. Always monitor their food intake and provide them with high-quality nutritional meals.
- Don’t let their short hair fool ya! Rottweilers have a double coat and shed pretty heavily in the spring and the fall.
Let us know what you think and if you’re interested in purchasing one of our Rottweiler puppies for sale!