Poof – Tricks To Make Those Fleas Vanish!
At Furry Babies, we know that fleas are no fun!
They are especially irritants to fluffy pups like Pomeranian puppies! They can get in their pretty fur and live their best lives. Lest we need to say it, we have the remedy for you. For as pesky as fleas are, their presence presents more than a nuisance. They can cause health issues too. So, for the best way to get rid of them and keep them away from your Pomeranian puppies, continue reading. We have some at-home things for you to do. Follow these steps. Buy these things. Watch them flee!
Buy These Things:
- One pair of disposable gloves
- Flea dip (consult with a vet for recommendations)
- Flea comb
- Large tooth comb (Pomeranian puppies have lots of hair)
- Towels (lots if your pup is large or known to scramble away)
- Flea collar (post dip)
- Flea powder
Do These Things:
- For best results, be sure to have those pretty Pomeranian puppies for sale nice and clean.
- Secure a location where you can safely bathe your pup.
- Grab the gloves and wear them as you shampoo your pup first in tepid water.
- Start at the neck and gradually make your way down to the tail.
- The shampooing process will cause the fleas to search for higher ground, so start high.
- Grab your towel and remove excess water.
- Keep your dog in the secure bathing area.
- Next, you want to mix the flea dip with tepid water.
- Use your sponge to apply the flea dip solution.
- Start at the head and vigorously lather and work the solution into his fur.
- Be careful not to get any of the flea dip solution into your Pomeranian puppies’ eyes, ears, or nose.
- Use the flea comb moving in the opposite direction as the sponge to loosen any flea eggs.
- Continue this process all over your dog, including his belly, legs, armpits, etc.
- Repeat the steps of sponging the flea dip and combing the fur.
- Once complete, allow your dog to air dry.
- You may towel off excess water.
- DO NOT RINSE OFF THE SOLUTION!
- Take inventory of the fallen fleas and eggs in the bathing area.
- When your dog is completely dry, apply the flea collar.
- Repeat the flea dip in seven days, if suggested and necessary.
We hope these steps are beneficial for you and if you have any additional questions about our Pomeranian puppies for sale, you know what to do! Give us a call or come into our store.