Facts and Fun Stuff about Walrus Puppies!
The Walrus dog is a designer cross between a Chinese Shar-Pei and a Basset Hound. His body is more of the Basset, but his skin is cute and wrinkly like the Shar-Pei, making him undeniably irresistible and off the charts adorable! You may also see them referred to as a Ba-Shar.
They have been recognized by the following:
- Designer Dogs Kennel Club
- Dog Registry of America, Inc.
- American Canine Hybrid Club
- International Designer Canine Registry
Personable Walrus Puppies
We know firsthand that our Walrus puppies for sale are intelligent, loyal and affectionate family companions. They absolutely love being the center of attention and cuddling. They suffer from separation anxiety and if they’re left alone for too long, they’ll start to howl and display destructive behavior. These dogs are good with kids but they aren’t so good with other dogs in the home. They also tend to be cautious of strangers. They are fairly active dogs and need daily exercise. Be sure to keep him leashed at all times. Both Basset Hounds and Shar-Peis have a serious stubborn streak, which makes them difficult to train. Pull out your patience and persistence to get these boys into shape! Once trained, they will serve as excellent watchdogs and furry companions.
Fun Facts and Tidbits
- Walrus puppies have a life expectancy of 8 to 10 years.
- They come in various colors including chocolate, black, white, and brown to name a few.
- Our Walrus puppies for sale can grow to weigh 40 to 60 pounds, making them an ideal muscular and medium-sized dog.
- Walrus puppies love to go on walks and is a fairly active dog who really enjoys playing with his toys and family members.
- Most Walrus puppies for sale have the long and floppy ears of the Basset Hound and the wrinkly faces of the Shar-Pei.
- Speaking of their wrinkles, keep them clean and dry to prevent infections. This is important to do and check on a weekly basis.
- Brush your pup at least twice a week as they have loose hairs that shed.
- These dogs are not hypoallergenic.