7 Fun Facts About The Siberian Husky
Siberian Huskies are well known for their wolfish good looks, but they’re all dog!
Their piercing blue eyes captivate you immediately. We can guarantee you that the dreamy eyes of the Husky puppies for sale that we have won’t ever change! They can grow older and get larger, but those eyes are there to stay! We’ve gathered 7 of the most fun facts about Huskies, that we think you’ll find interesting!
- As you can guess, Huskies stay warm, but they are warm for many reasons. That’s because they have a thick double coat that keeps them well insulated. They have an overcoat that is long and water resistant, while their undercoat is shorter and warm. We’ve seen our Husky puppies for sale instinctively wrap their tails around their faces while they’re asleep, with their breath keeping them warm. Their alluring almond shaped eyes will squint to keep out the snow.
- Want a guard dog? Get another dog. Huskies are just too darn nice, despite how their appearance can be scary to others, and perhaps that will be the deterrence, but that’s it! They are extremely friendly to strangers and are completely unsuspicious.
- Thankfully our Husky puppies for sale are contained and monitored, but these babies are natural runners. They have unbelievable endurance and have naturally excelled at being sled dogs. They can brave the cold and travel long distances, surviving on very little food.
- This should come as no surprise. They are closely related to wolves. Some studies suggest that they share the DNA with the grey wolf. They aren’t alone. Shiba Inu and Chow Chow dogs are in the same category. They’ve all been domesticated and have evolved from their wilder cousins!
- We’ve touched on this earlier. Huskies can run for long distances and rarely get tired, even if they haven’t eaten. They have the capacity to burn a lot of calories and yet never tap into the other areas where their energy is stored, thus regulating their metabolism.
- Along the same lines, they have a deep love for running and exploring. They are known to dig and escape areas so you want to be very mindful when they’re outside alone for long periods of time.
- The Husky puppies for sale that we have live a very different life! During WWII, the army employed the pups as search and rescue dogs. They were also used for transportation, freighting, and communication.